Do I Need Motorcycle Insurance?

If you drive a motorcycle in Paoli or Orleans, IN or plan on purchasing a motorcycle, you also need to take out an insurance policy on that motorcycle. The insurance policy protects you in case you are involved in an accident while driving your motorcycle. Under Indiana law, the minimum requirement is to carry both underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage. This helps cover any injuries you sustain that the other driver is not able to pay for due to insufficient insurance coverage. A state-licensed insurance company like Busick Insurance Agency LLC can meet with you to discuss additional coverage options beyond liability. 

Financial Responsibility

Anyone who drives a motorcycle in Indiana must establish that they have established responsibility in the event of sustained injuries or damages. If for some reason you are having difficulties finding an insurance company that will issue you a traditional policy, the state has established the Indiana Auto Insurance Plan. You will need to talk to a state-licensed insurance company to find out more details or to apply. Other ways to establish financial responsibility include making a deposit with the state treasurer, establishing evidence of a trust fund, or taking out a bond that is issued by a surety company. 

Liability Requirements

Indiana requires certain minimum liability coverage. This includes bodily injury for a single individual involved in one accident, bodily injury coverage for additional persons involved in one accident, and property damage. Although a policy that covers the minimum requirements will be sufficient, you may want to take out a higher amount of coverage for your unique needs. Before you can register and obtain a title for your motorcycle, you must provide proof of coverage that meets the minimum requirements.   

Contact Busick Insurance Agency LLC in Orleans, IN for a quote today!