Renter insurance policies do not cover the cost of replacing your property if it is damaged or stolen beyond the limits of your policy. They also do not cover any costs associated with liability if someone is injured or if there is property damage due to something you (or someone on your policy) did. For questions in Orleans, IN, contact Busick Insurance Agency LLC.
Things Renters Insurance Doesn’t Cover
Renter’s insurance does not cover trips, medical expenses, or lost or stolen items. It also does not cover situations such as natural disasters. If you are looking for coverage for these events, you may want to purchase a different type of policy.
Renter’s insurance is not designed to cover everything that could happen in your home.
- Jewelry and work equipment are covered only up to a certain amount
- Computer and phone are not covered if they are stolen
- Clothes are only covered if they are stolen.
- Broken pipes are not covered if you do not have insurance for them.
- Broken windows are covered if they are due to weather.
- A hacked computer or a ransomware attack on your computer isn’t covered.
- Climbing on rooftops or antennas
Consider buying additional liability insurance if you have a dog or cat. People who own pets know how much they mean to the family, but they may not realize that a pet can be a liability if it bites someone. While renters insurance is integral to protecting your personal assets, it does not cover every risk.
While most standard policies will cover your personal property if stolen or damaged, they may not cover certain activities. Renters’ insurance doesn’t cover the property if you use it to generate income (such as operating a business out of your home). Also, not catered are using your property to grow or produce illegal substances or keep animals that cause damage or injury. Call Busick Insurance Agency LLC if you’re stuck with questions in Orleans, IN.